Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Count down

Tomorrow begins my 1 week until Women's World Magazine release countdown. I am very nervous and I'm just as much in the dark as everyone else. Nope, I have not read the article or seen any of the images that could be used. I'm very concerned as to how it will turn out and what might be used out my interview. It was only a 1 hr interview that I gave over the phone. I just hope that it inspires others and doesn't make me look like a fake or a jerk. Gosh, I'm saying this now and there is no way to know how it will turn out. You wouldn't believe I have social anxiety now would you?

The last week I've been trying to cram extra books in. I finished Gone With the Wind, read Remember Me, and TORE through The Fault In Our Stars. I'm now on to The City of Heavenly Fire so I can finish out the Mortal Instruments series. I have no idea what I'll read next. But I must say, I'd recommend The Fault In Our Stars and Remember Me. If you like historical romance, it's not overly smutty, but unless you can't see and ending before it happens you'll be able to figure the ending out fast and still want to stick with it.

I've also been cramming in extra miles and most have been done at the local state park. They have a 3 mile track which I found amazing. Big thanks to my sister and her friend Jackie for having us along. The path is black top, but it has great views and I love all the fresh air I'm getting something I don't get on the treadmill. We went out on a Saturday and I loved it so much that the hubs tagged along with me and the kids and we did the trail again on Monday. The kids we're not as thrilled the second time around LOL Guess we'll be going back with a stroller since the wagon isn't big enough and none of the 3 can handle more than a mile. I've heard that literally dragging a kid along behind you is frowned upon.

It's been nearly a month now with our pet tortoise. Toothless is doing well. I've notice lots of growth on the top shell and it's eating and doing everything else it should. I guess we'll have it around for a lot longer. That just means I have to stay healthy because the little guy or gal should live about 40 to 50 years or more. LOL Gotta love a challenge right?

Work is still incredibly hectic. They have not replaced my friend Mary who passed in May, so I'm still filling in where I can. I still miss her so much. Today her family contacted us to tell us about her autopsy results.  A brain aneurysm. More than anything I'd like to believe her passing was quick and painless. It's just so hard to believe she's gone. I still hear her laugh. I still expect to see her smile. I miss her stopping at my window to chat me up for 10 mins or so. Death is just to final, but I wouldn't wish a slow, lingering, pain filled death on her or anyone. God bless her. Miss you Mary <3

No comments:

Post a Comment