Sunday, June 1, 2014

Long week, even longer weekend

This past week has been a long one. So to keep my entry on point I'll go day by day. Honestly, it's 9 am here, I have 3 kids fighting in the background, Dora is doing Spanish speaking (honestly, she says that) and I have only had 2 small cups of coffee. Please, forgive me LOL

Sunday night I had some disappointment. We are avid watchers of HBO's Game of Thrones, but Sunday they left us hanging and pushed back an episode until June 1st. I've read the books several times now, and I re read them prior to a new season airing. We're in the middle of season 4 so think I've got a reason to watch the show and call myself a dedicated fan LOL We stayed up until 11pm to watch what should have been the re air since we thought we'd missed the 9 pm showing because we were away from home. We were up until midnight for no reason. But I did catch this...


Can I just say, wow?! We went to bed that night/morning shaking our heads because while I knew Myfitnesspal was impressed, I had no idea they intended to share my story on their Facebook page. The amount of attention it got, just wow. I was equally blown away by their blog post. It was very sweet of them. 

I've started to get Myfitnesspal friend adds and Facebook messages from people who've seen this and while I try to answer questions, and thank those who congratulate me,add me's and friend me's make me just a little uncomfortable. I hope that I help someone, but I'm not sure how best to handle the attention. This is just so new to me. 

Monday was a blur and so was Tuesday. Wednesday got interesting because I went in for a day shift and I loved it! It was nice to go home and see my kids faces. They were so surprised! I loved it! Wednesday I also managed to get a new treadmill. While it's not from the store new, it may as well be. A friend through my sister offered it up to anyone who would use it. I jumped on that offer so fast. 


It's a Weslo Pro 7.9 Crosswalk and it's nothing special, but it beats my old Proform 345s crosswalk. 



They're about 10 years apart and my Proform is just a straight up crosswalk treadmill. No fancy stuff. But it did the job. The Weslo has 5 pre set speed buttons and 6 workout pre sets. Plus, the belt is in like new shape for it's age of 2 years. I also love the bounce it has when you run. I'm hoping to get my sister in law to take the Proform back. It looks like she'll be getting married next year!

Thursday I worked another day shift and after work my husband and the kids met me for dinner at a local diner before Grace's kinder concert. They sang a few songs at a local church, though she stood for the most part and barely moved her lips. I think the worst part of attending her school functions is seeing my ex. No, we were never married but after 6 years of dating I ended things because it was never going anywhere. It's just so embarrassing. 

Friday things had finally slowed down enough that I could get on my treadmill. I did 3 miles and it felt great! Work went by very quickly because all week I was in another department and Friday night I was in my normal department trying to get everything back in order. I managed it, but I only got 15 mins for lunch LOL 

Saturday morning I packed the kids up and went to my grandparent's. Gram got home Thursday night after several weeks in the hospital and rehab. Her knee is doing well and she's moving around much better. I'm looking forward to the day when she can move around and have little to no pain. I hate seeing her in pain. It kills me. 

I did manage to get on the treadmill afterwards. I had to. I picked up pizza on the way home and I felt so guilty. I walked 4 miles, over 500 calories worth, and we did some outdoor work as well. I got most of my flower beds dug up and moved some stuff around. We have to finish the rest when Bill gets home Sunday evening, but I think we may end up making another trip to get a bush or a tree. I want a pine tree so badly. A live Christmas tree <3 

I'm looking forward to the next week. I want to find a new norm with work being so hectic right now. The treadmill helps a lot. It's "new" so I am happy to play with it, but it's very good stress relief if I can find the time during the next week to use it. I should also be finishing Gone With the Wind, which I love, and will be staring the finale to a series I started last year. I'm also hoping to get my work schedule nailed down, meet with my boss to discuss my job title etc and hopefully drop another lb. Mother nature got the best of me this week and I ate too much salt and ended up gaining about 7 lbs. I'm down to 152.6 which is a difference of 1.4 lbs from my lowest weigh in. I'd like to see the last of that drop off and finally, make it to my peak goal weight of 150. Fingers are crossed. If I make it I will see about scheduling my consult with the plastic surgeon to discuss my excess skin removal. At some point I may feel ready to share my current body images, but I just can't yet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment